It looks like 2015 is the year of the soup cleanse! Everywhere you look in magazines and websites, you’re hearing about the latest addition to the wellness arsenal … which is also one of the oldest foods in the world: soup!
Real Food Works is in full agreement with this new trend! In fact – full disclosure, as usual – we have our very own soup “cleanse” and would love for you to try ours! But first, we want you to understand what you should and should not expect from a cleanse.What a Soup Cleanse is NOT:
- A Cleanse is NOT a Get-Out-of-Jail-Free card that clears “toxins.” Whole, fresh foods do help your body clear the toxins that can accumulate from chemically-created foods and the environment, but no soups (ours or others’) have magic cleansing powers beyond those of the vegetables themselves.
- A Cleanse is NOT a long-term weight loss solution. Yes, it is a way to have a lower calorie load for a day or two (most soup cleanses are 600 – 800 calories for the day), but they do not have enough calories for sustained use.
What you CAN get from a Soup Cleanse:
- A day of fresh, clean flavors that will help retrain/reset your palate to enjoy and crave healthier foods.
- A day high in fiber that will help you stay full (even at lowered calories), and also help your digestive tract stay healthy.
- A day of high-nutrient-density eating that will help energize your body at the cellular level. Those “recommended 5 servings of veggies?” You’ll leave that in the dust!
- A tasty break from having to cook your own meals.
- A delicious introduction to new flavor combinations you may not have thought of before.
- And you get all of this without the blood sugar surges and dips you get with fruit cleanses, because soups are vegetable-rich and full of fiber.
Knowing all of this, if you’d think you’d like to try a Soup Cleanse, we’d love to have you take a look at ours at http://soup-cleanse.com/.